Online ordering for restaurants is ideally suited to handle restaurant delivery
Delivery is popular. When looking for meal options, customers looking for convenience are choosing restaurant delivery to help save precious time. According to the National Restaurant Association’s 2015 Restaurant Industry Forecast, 80 percent of millennials (ages 18-34) said they would likely use delivery at a limited service restaurant. 60 percent of all adults indicated they would likely use delivery.
If you currently include delivery as part of your day-to-day operation, Patronpath has the tools to help optimize this part of your business.
- Delivery is prominently displayed as an option on your online ordering page.
- Integration with Google Maps defines your delivery zone at the street level.
- Delivery hours are managed separately from takeout hours.
- Multiple options are available to include delivery fees.
- Drivers can accept tips upon delivery using our post transaction tipping feature.
- Separate reporting for delivery orders.
- Orders are injected to the point of sale system just like takeout orders.
If you outsource delivery to a third-party,
- Your customers use the same online ordering interface.
- Orders are sent to your existing delivery partner for fulfillment.
While delivery certainly adds a level of complexity to your operation, building this component can help increase sales without increasing the size of your physical plant. Customers looking for convenience are placing takeout and delivery orders online. Your operation is not disrupted by phone calls, orders are accurate, and upsells are built-in. By using Patronpath online ordering and keeping your delivery in-house, the relationship with the patron, and the profits, remain with the restaurant.
Learn more about Patronpath mobile and web ordering and be sure to contact us at patronpath.com.