How many of these online ordering tactics are you employing in your restaurant?
Multiple avenues are available to promote the benefits of mobile and web ordering to patrons. Restaurant operations benefit when migrating phone-in orders to online orders by freeing up staff, optimizing order accuracy, increasing order frequency, and increasing average ticket.
- To help migrate existing phone-in carry out orders:
- Standardize phone transactions by training staff to encourage patrons to try the easy online ordering interface to place the next order. A promotional discount code might be used as an incentive.
- Use the voicemail greeting or on-hold messaging to promote mobile and web ordering.
- Include verbiage “order online at . . .” on receipts, to-go containers, window clings, posters/banners, table tents, bag stuffers, menus, and other in-store promotional material.
- During in-store checkout, train staff to promote mobile and web ordering to patrons.
To promote mobile and web ordering via online channels,
- Refresh website to include a clear call to action to “Place Your Order Now.”
- Prominently display the online ordering capability on all pages of the website.
- Keep Facebook page updated with regular posts promoting online ordering.
- Use Twitter to promote timely in-store events and daily specials.
- Include website address and online ordering promotional text on all advertising collateral.
How are you promoting online ordering? Learn more and contact us at patronpath.com.